PAT Testing stands for Portable Application Testing. This is the term used to describe portable items that need to be tested once a year due to government legislation. The majority of electrical issues with a product can be found by visual inspection however, some can only be found by the right means of testing. Having electrical items tested on a yearly basis is crucial to the health and safety of a business, and it’s employees, as an electrical fault can prove deadly.
What needs PAT testing?
• Portable appliances – Kettle, toaster, iron, fan heater, food processor, microwave
• Business equipment – PC’s, Monitors, Printers, fax machines, power packs
• Moveable equipment – Equipment with wheels, electric fire, A/C unit, TV, lamps
• Hand held appliances – Electric tools, soldering iron, hair dryer, battery chargers
• Stationary appliances – Fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer
Let’s make sure you and your employees are safe and ensure you are complying with your obligations.
Hiskins Electrical’ testing engineers inspect and test electrical appliances to search for potential problems which can become a hazard when in use. Our engineers follow the IET code of practice for in-service inspection and the testing of electrical equipment. Employers, organisations and landlords have a responsibility to make sure all portable appliances are periodically tested and safe to use. Hiskins Electrical can carry out PAT testing in commercial, industrial and domestic premises. Our PAT testing is competitively priced and customers have seen a decrease in insurance premiums by introducing a routine PAT Testing plan.